Searchcompletion is a malicious program that modifies web browser settings in order to change default home, search or error page and redirect a user to undesirable Internet sites. It automatically gets installed in the system without your consent and prior information. Once your computer is infected with it, you would find your browser is always hijacked to some certain pages like Searchcompletion even though you did not type this domain. It is highly recommended that you delete Searchcompletion before more damages to your system.
“Searchcompletion should be removed as early as possible. Click the “Remove this infection” button to download Searchcompletion removal tool.”
(During installation process of SPYWARE Doctor, you might get a warning from SPYWARE Doctor that you need to uninstall some programs before installing SPYWARE Doctor. Please Ignore that warning and select “Next” button available on that warning window to continue installation).
Please Note: If the virus is blocking the download or closing the Internet Explorer, please follow the steps given below.
a) Open Run window. (Press Windows key and “R” Key together on keyboard) (Windows Key is a key with the windows emblem on it) OR (Click Start Menu>>All Programs>>Accessories>> click “Run”)
b) Type the following address on the Run window and click OK.
(You might get virus pop-ups when following the above steps, please close the virus pop-ups and then you will see the “File Download Security Warning” window. Please click Run to download and run the removal tool). (If you don’t get the “File Download Security Warning” window, then try the above steps one more time).
Unable To Download Removal Tool, Internet Browsing Problems or Removal Tool Not Working After Download? Click Here For Instructions.
How To Know Whether Your Computer Is Infected With Searchcompletion?
While Searchcompletion is running, it will display fake security alerts about dangerous infections and threats to scare you into thinking that your computer has a serious problem. Just like the fake scan results, these alerts are also fake and are only being used to scare you into purchasing the Searchcompletion program. As you can see that Searchcompletion program is a scam as it is ransoming the proper operation of your computer until you purchase it. It goes without saying that you should not purchase the Searchcompletion program for any reason. Some of the alert Searchcompletion displays include:
System component corrupted!
System reboot error has occurred due to lsass.exe system process failure.
This may be caused by severe malware infections.
Automatic restore of lsass.exe backup copy completed.
The correct system performance can not be resumed without eliminating the cause of lsass.exe corruption.
System Security Warning
Attempt to modify register key entries is detected. Register entries analysis is recommended.
Name: c:\program files\firefox\firefox.exe
Application that seems to be a key-logger is detected. System information security is at risk. It is recommended to enable the security mode and run Searchcompletion scanning.
There Are Many Reasons Why You Should Remove Searchcompletion From Your Computer
Once your computer is suffering with Searchcompletion, whatever you click in search page you will get redirected to Searchcompletion purchasing page. Searchcompletion takes control of your computer and will disable your antivirus software. Some times you can scan your computer using your antivirus software but it will not detect or remove the Searchcompletion infection. If you remove Searchcompletion files manually, it will come back once you restart your computer. So we recommend a automatic Searchcompletion removal using the removal tool.
Some Of The Searchcompletion Infection Symptoms
1. Desktop background image and Browser homepage settings are changed. Google, Yahoo Searches are redirected. This is a common symptom of a very serious Searchcompletion infection.
2. Searchcompletion slows down your computer considerably and you will feel like your computer is stuck. This includes opening programs, shutting down your computer, and slow Internet.
3. Searchcompletion corrupts your windows registry and uses it to deploy annoying pop up ads out of nowhere. You will get many unwanted pop ups.
Why Searchcompletion Is A Very Dangerous Infection:
* Searchcompletion is a malicious fake antispyware application
* Searchcompletion appears in a desktop hijack
* Searchcompletion is deceitful by popping up numerous annoying advertisements
* Searchcompletion installation occurs without users’ knowledge or consent
* Searchcompletion can slow down your computer performance
* Searchcompletion may spread via Trojans
* Searchcompletion may display fake security messages
* Searchcompletion may install additional spyware to your computer
* Searchcompletion may repair its files, spread or update by itself
* Searchcompletion violates your privacy and compromises your security
If Searchcompletion resides on your computer, it can potentially damage your personal files or you may end up losing data stored on your system. Research has shown that Searchcompletion may have the ability to make your computer vulnerable to remote attacks which could result, initially, in loss of money, possibly identity theft, and, eventually, a painstaking Searchcompletion removal process.
How Did You Get Searchcompletion Infection On Your Computer?
Tough to say because Searchcompletion is distributed through many avenues. The most common method Searchcompletion spreads is with the use of a fake scanner webpage. Another possibility of how Searchcompletion arrives is via a Trojan designed to look like a flash update or video codec. If left on the computer, the damage caused by Searchcompletion can worsen and accelerate, so speedy removal of Searchcompletion infection is important. Searchcompletion is a potential threats that might compromise your privacy or damage your computer. Your access to your computer files may be suspended until you remove Searchcompletion from your computer.
How to Reomve Searchcompletion Manually:
Manual removal of Searchcompletion may not be for everyone. Each manual Searchcompletion removal step must be followed delicately to completely remove all Searchcompletion related files and registry entries from your computer. If you are unsure or have doubts about editing your system registry, then we recommend that you use the automatic Searchcompletion removal Tool.
Manual Searchcompletion Removal Instructions:
1. How to stop Searchcompletion processes:
1. Click the Start menu, select Run.
2. Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
3. Click Processes tab, and find Searchcompletion related processes.
4. Once you’ve found the Searchcompletion related processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill Searchcompletion related process.
2. With all programs closed, click the Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Locate the Add/Remove Programs icon and double click it.
3. Locate Searchcompletion in the list of programs. If you find it, select it and remove it.
3. How to delete Searchcompletion files in Windows XP/Vista/7:
1. Click your Windows Start menu, then click “Search.”
2. A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders.”
3. Type a Searchcompletion file in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives.”
4. Click “Search.” Once the Searchcompletion file is found, delete it.
4. Detect and delete Searchcompletion associated files listed below:
%User Profile%\Local Settings\Temp
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Searchcompletion
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\Searchcompletion
5. Open the Registry Editor, search and delete these Searchcompletion Registry Entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
Please, be informed that manual removal of Searchcompletion virus is a cumbersome procedure and does not always ensure complete deletion of the Searchcompletion, since some files might be hidden or may automatically reanimate themselves later.
Download Searchcompletion Removal Tool to automatically remove Searchcompletion.